Monday, December 26, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I don’t make them, because I don’t keep them. A resolution is a promise to yourself, and I hate disappointing anyone including myself. So the following list is NOT a list of resolutions, just some things I need to do:


1. Walk or swim everyday to prepare myself to be able to do all I want to do when Bruce and I go to Zambia in April. (My doctor says you can improve your fitness and energy level in eight weeks.)

2. Lose weight. (The doctor says up to 20 pounds. I’m aiming for at least 10.)

3. Finish my book by the end of March so I can spend April getting ready for the trip. (And I don’t want any of the several dozen--maybe 300 or so--people who read Non-Prophet Murders to die waiting to read Murder Intelligently Designed.)

4. I finally have a daily devotional book that I can get excited about. Each day has a quote from C.S. Lewis or one of the many writers from whom he drew inspiration. The page for each day includes space to add my own thoughts. I intend to find a scripture to go with each one and post the result on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment