Thursday, March 8, 2012

Reality?

C. S. Lewis devoted much of his intellectual energy to Christian apologetics, a field of Christian theology that aims to present a rational basis for the Christian faith, defend the faith against objections, and expose the perceived flaws of other world views. But in a letter dated December of 1950, he stated, “I do not think there is a demonstrative proof . . . of Christianity, nor of the existence of matter, nor of the good will and honesty of my best and oldest friends. I think all three (except perhaps the second) far more probable than the alternatives.”

Faith, Love, Hope, Truth, Forgiveness, hatred, evil are not scientifically demonstrable, but without them we would not be human.

I Corinthians 13: 1, 13
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. . . .
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment