Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Why I Don't Write "Inspirational" Essays

I am not an inspirational person.

First of all, I anticipate trouble. When it gets here, I waste time looking back and blaming others who didn’t see it coming.

Secondly, I become a blubbering wad of toxic pain and suffering. I forget that God is faithful. I forget I am saved by grace. I remember my sins and failings, and I believe my suffering is somehow deserved.

The next step in my process of grief is a “poor me, look at me” call for attention and help. Thank God, that help is not far away and not begrudging. It always comes in the form of prayers, consolation, friendship and love from my Christian brothers and sisters.

They remind me that I am forgiven. They assure me that God cares. They inspire me and give me hope.

Galations 6:2: "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfilll the law of Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment