Sunday, October 14, 2012

Meeting My Mother

Meeting My Mother
I have known my mother all my life. I will meet her for the first time in heaven.
In heaven, Mother will not have schizophrenia.
She will not feel compelled to hoard plastic containers, buy junk, collect magazine articles or sort through everything in the house at regular intervals.
She will not think she needs to outsmart doctors, insurance salespeople, real estate agents, or plumbers.
She will not alienate everyone who loves her.
She will sit and talk and laugh with me, and not mention any of this.

1 John 3:2
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

2 comments:

  1. I too have known your Mother all my life.
    She has made no attempt to hide the fact that she's a fan...
    She LOVES me.
    And I love her.
    She deserves good.
    She deserves happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday, Feb. 7, 2013 was Mother and Daddy's 68th Wedding Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete