Thursday, August 22, 2013

If I Were Kat Cooper's Mother


 
If I were Kat Cooper's mother, I would love her unconditionally. I would believe that she was entitled to every civil right accorded to any other American citizen.  I would accompany her to court if she were fighting for one of those rights.
But, if I were asked by my church or my God if I agreed with or promoted her homosexual lifestyle, I would have to say, “No, it is a sin, and I pray daily that she will be able to repent.”
This last statement does not negate the first. If we can’t love sinners, we can’t love anyone.
I do not know as much as I would like about God’s thoughts.
What I do know:
1.        Same sex attraction is no more a sin than heterosexual attraction.
2.       Both can lead to sin and destruction.
3.       God has provided a solution.

Romans 3:23,24: . . .all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. You have expressed your thoughts on this subject in a way I wish others could. I think many people feel this exact way, but can't find the words to do so without stomping ( not stepping) on others feelings on the matter. Opinions are not going to be changed, no matter how much quoting goes on. Love is the final and only answer in all of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a discussion with a very sincere, dedicated Christian who told me that "the matter is black and white." Well, no. Especially concerning civil law and civil rights. We cannot superimpose the Bible on the law of the land. Who, for instance, could be legally married? Only the body of Christ needs to be under the rule of Christ. Others need to see the need to do as we do,by grace,not law.

      Delete