Thursday, January 5, 2012

White as Snow

“Warren and C. S. Lewis attended Walt Disney’s ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ on this day in 1939.” Around the Year with C. S. Lewis and Friends, compiled by Kathryn Lindskoog
Once upon a time in the middle of winter, when the snowflakes were falling like feathers from the sky, a queen sat at her widow sewing . . . And after a while she gave birth to a daughter with skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood, and hair as black as ebony; and she named her Snow White. The Brothers Grimm, Fairy Tales, “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.”

 
My sister Paula was born with unusually large, blue eyes, rich dark hair and a beautiful voice. When she was quite young, maybe eight, she took vocal lessons and performed in a recital. She sang “Someday My Prince Will Come” from the Disney movie, Snow White. The song has a vast range and is difficult to sing even for adults. She sang it beautifully. She still has a lovely voice.
As children, my sister and I were trained to envy and ridicule each other. We have struggled to become friends as adults.


Matthew 18:21, 22 - New International Version (NIV)
The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times? Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."

No comments:

Post a Comment